Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Hand Stitched Bears











I decided to try making my own handmade bears. I wanted to make some miniature ones. Here is my first attempt...I called him Fatso. This little mini bear was fun to make..I made him in two evenings...late night evenings. In the first picture, Fatso is not quite done....he has no arms! He is 1 and 3/4 inches tall or should I say tiny?. I filled his chest and belly with steel shot and the head and limbs with pollyfill. He is able to stand by himself...I'll probably never be able to do that again with my other bears. hahahaha...just dumb luck this time. He sits real cute too. I think he looks like a well loved vintage bear. I was very happy with the way he turned out for me. I doubt I will ever be willing to sell him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great hobby! I envy your artistic talent!

Carolyn or Connee said...

Thanks Donna, I just love making these little bears...so much fun!