Monday, March 7, 2011

I Said That I Would Show My OWOH Winnings


Wasn't the OWOH blog hopping so much fun?  I met some wonderful people, saw some great blogs, and picked up tons of super ideas I can't wait to try out. 
I said I would show my OWOH winnings when they all got here and they are here.  And I was so lucky...after this difficult snow and ice storm...these little gifts made me so happy and really cheered me up.  I hope my giveaways cheered up some bloggers too.  I sent out 5 gifts and have heard from most of them that they have arrived safely.  Still waiting on a few to get back to me.
Big Drum Roll.........
and without further adieu



Here they are



Beads and Things from Karen                                                    from Hawaii      
http://oopsartdesigns.com/
P.S.     tell Batman thanks, for picking me..


Lemon Topaz beads,  Swarovski Crystal Sequins,  Framed Dominica Stamp, Thai Silver Cube,  Flourite Beads , Snoopy Kleenex, and other surprises. Etc.

Such interesting things...I want to use most of them to make things...maybe earringw with the Lemon Topaz beads,  those Swarovski crystal sequins are so special-I'll have to make something very special with them...probably just for me.  Some of them I will have to read up on to understand what they are and how they are used.  that will be fun too.  Thank you again, Karen...the lucky girl who lives in Hawaii where I should live!



Silk Grunge NeckWear pieces By Chris
http://brain-bubbles.blogspot.com/2011/01/one-world-one-heart-giveaway.html







Silk Grunge Neck Wear pieces. Made with flamework glass and wood beads. Woven and knotted with hand dyed silk ribbons, soft fibers and yarns.  About 33” and falls low.  Looks soft and delicate but has a nice impact.  Great on a sweater or high neck shirt.  
 I just love this necklace and can't wait to wear it.  I have been looking for something like this to dress up my clothes when I spend the Winter in Gulf Shores, Alabama next year.  I mostly take casal clothes and I feel pieces like this will do the trick.    That is if I can keep my daughters and granddaughters mitts off of it.  this looks a lot like my sexy white body too...I need to go South and get some more tan.








Love Dove Mug Rugs by Carol in  Tennessee but originally from Scotland   
http://stitchacrosstheborder.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-creative-space.html

Isn't it sweet? And here is my mug that I use every morning on my new Love Dove Rug Mat.  Doves have been on my oldest daughter's and my minds lately...she has been buying silver vintage peace sign charms, doves, and things like that on eBay to make some beautiful necklaces.  I'll show you a picture of the one she made her daughter for Christmas soon.




Mini-azines by Mary Ann   http://firstborn.wordpress.com/ 
 Hand bound and usually funny, she said.  Mine really talked about me...I felt like she really knew me.  Thanks, Mary Ann!
My daughters and granddaughters have enjoyed it too. 
So cute...I want to make one.






Morning Song Planter by Cheryl




Cheryl named her  planter “Morning Song.” She used old watch parts and other ancient-looking embellishments to create a feeling of mystery and intrigue. She also used an old Aztec symbol which is perfect for the story she wrote about her planter.


Morning Song

She woke up this morning feeling different. She heard the sounds of this morning and yet the sounds of many other lifetime mornings were returning.
She heard the infinite sound of distant runic bells, a call to alms, merchants voices echoing over the river nile, sheep bleating on a pastoral hillside, roosters, guns, flutes, chimes, laughter, and weeping... for she had lived all of these mornings and she had heard all of these sounds before. It was as if they were all becoming one great sound... one great morning.”.this” morning..and she knew that all the returns of mornings’ purpose was to teach her the uniqueness and significance of this morning... of now.                               ~Cheryl Dolb

I want to put a plant called String of Pearls in it but I can't find that plant right now...so I thought I would put some silk plants.  My granddaughter is really against that...silk plants...says it has to be real plants.  I don't know!





One of the White Petite Bud Vase by Pam
at   http://designspark.blogspot.com/  
 Thanks, this is the one
I was hoping I would win too.

I had already bought some little Spring Felt Flowers to put in it.  Isn't it cute?  Of couse you can put real flowers in it too, when the snow goes away and the flowers start blooming. 
Thank you Pam I love it.




 A Note card handmade by Shaina pencil drawn..Manada



http://shainamarier.blogspot.com/


This is a card with a photo of a mandala which Shaina made using color pencils on black paper.   It is beautiful Shaina...Thank you for giving it to me.




Pink and Gold African Material Tote  by Kathy


This tote  is made from the pink and gold African fabric. This one has an added pink strip to the very bottom.  It is also machine quilted and measures 13" x 11" x 3" with 13" straps.  Made by Kathy  I really love totes and use them all the time.  This sweet one will be put to good use.  Thanks, Kathy

Gifts from The Fat Doormouse, Alison Wale  is from France                                                                
 http://dormouse.wibsite.com/   Look how beautiful and just perfect for me.




Three beautiful Handmade Cards 3 cards, two of them sent me had  special messages about things that were in my mind, a sweet shabby, vintagey  magnetic Mini-frame now I am thinking about what picture I can put in this darling frame. and a precious handmade Bookmark that has my name on it and  it says
"A house is made of wood and beams,
A home is bult of love and dreams"
I love to read so I know I will put this book mark to good use.

Thanks again Alison, you gave me perfect things. 
I also got this sweet little note and a darling little treasure from Tanglefrost.
Hello fellow flyers!
My warmest congratulations to you! Although sadly you did not win one of my leather leaf brooches, I’m thrilled to send you a little ‘treasure’ from Tanglefrost: a photograph of a mixed-media piece I created called “Fly Free”. It is sent with much love and many sparkling blessings, in the hope that it brings you much joy and encouragement. It shows a woman, exposed and vulnerable, standing precariously on a rickety wall made up of all the expectations that had been imposed on her in the past. The ‘leaves’, that she had used to cover her nakedness, have been dropped... ‘leaves’ that signify the fear, shame and anger that she had used to hide the marks left by her heart’s journey through life. Now she is ready to catch hold the ‘birds’ of courage, compassion and connection which will enable her to fly free, into all her hopes and dreams.
It has been truly wonderful flying with you on this incredible OWOH adventure. Do stop by Tanglefrost again soon..... the kettle is on and the door is always open!
Hugs Jo xxxx     http://www.tanglefrost.wordpress.com/

A world of possibility See Below:

Fly Free





And I also recieved this lovely note and offer of generous Coupon Discount from Linda's two  Stores)


Hello...

I don't know about you, but I'm still breathless from my whirl wind world tour of the OWOH blogs.
I totally enjoyed visiting your blogs. And, all the comments I received were wonderful. (Thank you.)
Just before the event began my father went into the hospital. He was seriously ill, and in and out of the hospital twice during the event. He came home Valentine's day and is in delicate health, but he seems to be holding his own. Anyway, visiting the blogs in the evenings helped to distract me from my worry - (at least for a little while). This made the OWOH event even more dear to my heart.
Since, I couldn't give everyone a prize I decided it would be nice to offer a special discount. So, for those who left comments, and to my new followers, and those who chose me as their winner I'm offering you... Coupons toward my Etsy sites: (OK - not the same as winning a prize, but I tried to be generous with the discount.)

25% off any items from my LamoreAllure.Etsy.com
Coupon: OWOH2255  http://www.etsy.com/shop/lamoreallure

15% off of any items from my ReStyleStudios.Etsy.com
Coupon: OWOH21411   http://www.etsy.com/shop/restylestudios

These coupons are good until May 31st of this year. I keep adding new items, and
this is the first time I've offered coupons - if you have any problems just email me. ***Thank you for brightening my life, and helping me though an extremely difficult time.
I loved visiting your all your blogs!!! Please, stop by my blog often.
I'll be around to see you, too. :)
Best regards...and Hugs,
Linda L

Wow, what can I say...you could ever be happier and luckier than me. 
Hope you visit my blogs and I'll visit yours.
Don't forget about my Touring Baby blog too http://touringbabies.blogspot.com/ 








5 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, wow, Carolyn. What a truly wonderful array of treasures... how blessed you are! So much beauty and creativity to celebrate here - a supreme example of the luscious variety showcased during our incredible OWOH flying adventure but also so much love and generosity too. thank you for sharing it with us.
hugs xxx

Jaime Haney said...

Wonderful gifts Carolyn! I'm a little jealous you won the Morning Song planter by Cheryl. I love that. I would put a live plant in it too, sorry. You can find something at the grocery or home improvement store until you can find string of pearls, right? ;)

thanks for sharing your goodies :)

Ayala Art said...

you.... lucky girl! :oD Thanks for sharing!

antmee said...

Wow! You certainly had luck smiling down on you to win so many wonderful giveaways! Congratulations.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I posted my sweet little doll this morning! Hope you can come by to visit soon!

http://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/